Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!

Do you know today's date is 1/1/11?  I don't think there is anything significant about that, but it's neat to notice.  The beginning of a new year is always a good time to reflect on where you've been, where you are, and where you want to go.  What went right last year?  What marked a low point? Take a few moments to write down your thoughts and plans.  These don't have to be full-fledged resolutions, but if you don't write them down, you are likely to forget them.  Also, if you have a specific goal, now is the time to flesh out an action plan.  Do you want to lose 30 pounds?  By when?  If you say, I want to lose 30 pounds by June 30, you now have an achievable smaller goal of losing five pounds a month.  Think of the different facets of your life:  your spiritual condition, your role as a wife, your role as a mother, daughter, sister in Christ...the list could go on.  Are your relationships in order?  Do you need to forgive anyone?  Did you read through the Bible in 2010? I have a brand new Bible reading notebook in which I am writing down names, events, and anything I else I want to remember from my daily reading.  It is my prayer that we all have a blessed 2011, and that we bring more glory and honour to our Saviour than we did last year, and that we share the gospel with more lost people, particularly those in our own families.  I know I must work at keeping eternal things in the forefront of my thinking; how about you?  Happy New Year, dear Christian friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment