Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Purpose

My purpose for this blog is to be a help and a blessing to young Christian wives and moms.  Titus 2 says that the aged women should teach the younger ones.  Well, I am in my fifties now and have been a born-again Christian for 30 years.  I have been happily married for 25 years and first became a mom in 1992. I have two precious sons and have homeschooled for more than ten years.  Along the way, I have made many mistakes and have also learned a few things. Let me help and instruct you through my experience so you won't have to make the same mistakes I have.  O Christian mother, I have so much I want to tell you!  Please visit often.  I pray that something I share here may be of practical help and a real blessing to you.

May I begin by saying that it is so important to read the Bible every day!  You probably don't go very long without eating actual food; I know I don't!  Job 23:12b says, "I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food."  Let's give God's word its rightful place in our daily lives.  One way to quickly organize your Bible reading is to read the chapter of Proverbs that corresponds to the day of the month.  Today is the 26th, so I would read Proverbs Chapter 26 today. I usually read a chapter from the Old Testament and one from the New Testament as well. 

Here is a helpful link to do your Bible reading online: 
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment